Peace River, Ab Climate & Temperature
- Peace River, Ab, Canada is at 56°13'N, 117°26'W, 571 m (1873 ft). See map.
- Peace River, Ab has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Peace River, Ab is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 0.7 degrees Celsius (33.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 33.4 °C (60.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -10°C (14.1°F) on average falling to -20.8°C (-5.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.3°C (46.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -4.5°C (23.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 21.4°C (70.6°F) and average low temperatures are 8.3°C (46.9°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 6.8°C (44.3°F) during the day and lows of -4.2°C (24.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 387.7 mm (15.3 inches) which is equivalent to 387.7 Litres/m² (9.51 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Peace River, Ab you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Peace River, Ab Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Peace River, Ab Climate Graph in Metric Units
Peace River, Ab Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Peace River, Ab, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada - 422.5 kms (262.6 miles) NW
- Fort St John, Bc, Canada - 203.5 kms (126.5 miles) W
- Dawson Creek, Bc, Canada - 178.4 kms (110.9 miles) WSW
- Mackenzie, Bc, Canada - 370.3 kms (230.1 miles) WSW
- Grande Prairie, Ab, Canada - 147.2 kms (91.5 miles) SW
- Prince George, British Columbia, Canada - 422.7 kms (262.7 miles) SW
- High Level, Ab, Canada - 266.8 kms (165.8 miles) N
- Fort Vermilion, Alberta, Canada - 254 kms (157.9 miles) NNE
- Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada - 385.5 kms (239.6 miles) E
- Slave Lake, Ab, Canada - 196.7 kms (122.2 miles) ESE
- Edmonton Namao, Ab, Canada - 381.5 kms (237.1 miles) SE
- Edson, Ab, Canada - 301.1 kms (187.1 miles) SSE
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - 387.5 kms (240.8 miles) SE
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 407.5 kms (253.2 miles) SE